The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which rose 1.57% or 1.220 points to trade at 78.840 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 1.36% or 2.50 points to end at 185.70 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.16% or 1.020 points to 89.230 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ), which lost 0.85% or 0.600 points to trade at 70.390 in late trade. Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) declined 0.66% or 0.185 points to end at 27.750 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 0.47% or 0.60 points to 125.90.
The top performers on the MDAX were LEG Immobilien AG (DE: LEGn ) which rose 2.35% to 83.750, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 2.29% to settle at 96.840 and RTL Group SA (DE: RRTL ) which gained 2.10% to close at 63.660.
The worst performers were Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which was down 2.39% to 65.730 in late trade, Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which lost 1.00% to settle at 44.370 and Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which was down 0.75% to 69.100 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Adva Optical Networking SE (DE: ADAG ) which rose 9.86% to 4.801, Jenoptik AG (DE: JENG ) which was up 6.81% to settle at 24.535 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which gained 4.64% to close at 9.620.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 3.89% to 77.820 in late trade, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which lost 0.37% to settle at 16.000 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 0.04% to 36.620 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 621 to 146 and 19 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 4.25% to 16.17.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.39% or 5.10 to $1313.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 0.17% or 0.08 to hit $46.52 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.39% or 0.20 to trade at $51.46 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.43% to 1.1921, while EUR/GBP fell 0.50% to 0.9219.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.40% at 92.64.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.