The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which rose 2.11% or 1.430 points to trade at 69.140 at the close. Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) added 1.85% or 0.840 points to end at 46.200 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 1.71% or 0.710 points to 42.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 1.28% or 0.295 points to trade at 22.775 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 0.99% or 1.25 points to end at 125.41 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 0.84% or 0.128 points to 15.197.
The top performers on the MDAX were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which rose 2.18% to 22.950, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which was up 2.15% to settle at 10.93 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which gained 1.97% to close at 37.220.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 7.95% to 37.850 in late trade, Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which lost 4.76% to settle at 14.8000 and Deutsche Euroshop AG (DE: DEQGn ) which was down 4.56% to 25.520 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 3.19% to 13.250, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which was up 2.94% to settle at 23.780 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which gained 2.69% to close at 10.70.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 1.64% to 61.120 in late trade, Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) which lost 0.84% to settle at 15.197 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 0.66% to 21.08 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 384 to 309 and 83 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.17% to 14.99 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.51% or 6.85 to $1343.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 2.01% or 1.03 to hit $52.17 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.87% or 1.12 to trade at $61.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.10% to 1.1276, while EUR/GBP fell 0.01% to 0.8893.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 97.032.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.