The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 3.64% or 0.524 points to trade at 14.914 at the close. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) added 1.49% or 1.740 points to end at 118.720 and Deutsche Post AG NA O.N. (DE: DPWGn ) was up 1.45% or 0.405 points to 28.335 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 2.59% or 0.168 points to trade at 6.317 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 2.20% or 0.98 points to end at 43.56 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) shed 1.81% or 1.58 points to 85.64.
The top performers on the MDAX were Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which rose 9.71% to 41.00, Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was up 7.62% to settle at 25.98 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 5.35% to close at 34.280.
The worst performers were Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was down 3.37% to 6.167 in late trade, United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which lost 2.82% to settle at 29.300 and Deutsche Wohnen AG (DE: DWNG ) which was down 2.27% to 33.960 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 5.16% to 34.2200, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 4.12% to settle at 58.100 and Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which gained 3.78% to close at 37.34.
The worst performers were United Internet AG NA (DE: UTDI ) which was down 2.82% to 29.300 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 1.25% to settle at 2.449 and Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 0.91% to 7.655 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 411 to 276 and 92 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.16% to 14.02 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 3.20% or 43.20 to $1392.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 5.45% or 2.94 to hit $56.91 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 3.93% or 2.43 to trade at $64.25 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.61% to 1.1293, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8891.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.44% at 96.160.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.