The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ), which rose 1.71% or 0.410 points to trade at 24.375 at the close. Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) added 1.40% or 1.60 points to end at 116.00 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) was up 1.23% or 0.190 points to 15.640 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ), which lost 1.75% or 0.210 points to trade at 11.785 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 1.24% or 1.070 points to end at 85.450 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 0.85% or 0.125 points to 14.510.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 2.51% to 59.580, Rational AG (BS: RAAd ) which was up 2.46% to settle at 584.00 and Axel Springer SE (DE: SPRGn ) which gained 2.29% to close at 60.410.
The worst performers were Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was down 5.84% to 71.940 in late trade, Fielmann AG (DE: FIEG ) which lost 3.20% to settle at 73.770 and Salzgitter AG (DE: SZGG ) which was down 3.18% to 41.070 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which rose 4.39% to 260.50, Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was up 3.32% to settle at 80.020 and RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which gained 3.22% to close at 20.355.
The worst performers were Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was down 3.34% to 17.790 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 2.12% to settle at 8.760 and GFT Technologies AG (DE: GFTG ) which was down 1.93% to 12.440 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 449 to 317 and 28 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.29% to 12.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.63% or 8.10 to $1270.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.88% or 0.48 to hit $55.02 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 1.09% or 0.66 to trade at $61.28 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.40% to 1.1611, while EUR/GBP fell 0.58% to 0.8875.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.23% at 94.84.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.