The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 3.11% or 0.650 points to trade at 21.530 at the close. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) added 2.90% or 0.210 points to end at 7.452 and Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ) was up 2.67% or 1.400 points to 53.740 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 1.62% or 0.390 points to trade at 23.730 in late trade. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) declined 1.38% or 2.250 points to end at 160.350 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.11% or 0.68 points to 60.79.
The top performers on the MDAX were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which rose 7.09% to 57.40, Commerzbank AG O.N. (DE: CBKG ) which was up 3.06% to settle at 7.448 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 2.95% to close at 80.98.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 4.36% to 79.480 in late trade, Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which lost 4.23% to settle at 47.120 and Morphosys AG O.N. (DE: MORG ) which was down 1.73% to 88.0000 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which rose 2.24% to 31.0200, Xing AG (DE: OBCGn ) which was up 2.06% to settle at 321.50 and Drillisch AG (DE: DRIG ) which gained 1.85% to close at 33.060.
The worst performers were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 4.36% to 79.480 in late trade, SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which lost 2.90% to settle at 19.440 and Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was down 2.73% to 14.270 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 405 to 283 and 88 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 9.22% to 13.29 a new 6-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 1.42% or 18.65 to $1295.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 1.41% or 0.91 to hit $63.70 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract fell 1.09% or 0.78 to trade at $70.95 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.13% to 1.1258, while EUR/GBP rose 0.15% to 0.8621.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 96.805.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.