The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 3.55% or 1.720 points to trade at 50.140 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 3.04% or 3.550 points to end at 120.500 and Fresenius SE & Co KGAA O.N. (DE: FREG ) was up 2.68% or 1.290 points to 49.430 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which lost 2.18% or 0.500 points to trade at 22.450 in late trade. Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) declined 1.28% or 0.170 points to end at 13.150 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) shed 0.90% or 0.175 points to 19.305.
The top performers on the MDAX were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which rose 23.76% to 32.40, Duerr AG (DE: DUEG ) which was up 7.60% to settle at 35.940 and Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which gained 5.24% to close at 10.84.
The worst performers were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 3.06% to 50.12 in late trade, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 2.32% to settle at 18.5150 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was down 2.28% to 90.06 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which rose 16.88% to 37.05, RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which was up 6.04% to settle at 12.810 and Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which gained 3.04% to close at 120.500.
The worst performers were Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 3.98% to 7.8580 in late trade, Freenet AG NA (DE: FNTGn ) which lost 2.32% to settle at 18.515 and S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was down 1.67% to 21.18 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 359 to 337 and 82 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.04% to 15.62.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.35% or 4.65 to $1316.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 0.30% or 0.17 to hit $57.11 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 0.44% or 0.29 to trade at $66.29 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.14% to 1.1384, while EUR/GBP rose 0.47% to 0.8582.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.032.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.