The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Covestro AG (DE: 1COV ), which rose 1.16% or 0.900 points to trade at 78.620 at the close. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) added 0.97% or 1.50 points to end at 155.45 and Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ) was up 0.94% or 0.185 points to 19.850 in late trade.
Biggest losers included RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ), which lost 0.46% or 0.100 points to trade at 21.630 in late trade. Vonovia SE (DE: VNAn ) declined 0.41% or 0.18 points to end at 43.79 and Beiersdorf AG O.N. (DE: BEIG ) shed 0.40% or 0.400 points to 100.300.
The top performers on the MDAX were CTS Eventim AG (DE: EVDG ) which rose 7.38% to 39.000, Delivery Hero AG (DE: DHER ) which was up 3.44% to settle at 48.78 and Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which gained 3.41% to close at 125.80.
The worst performers were Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 1.29% to 30.580 in late trade, Metro AG (DE: MEOG ) which lost 0.65% to settle at 6.436 and Uniper SE (DE: UN01 ) which was down 0.62% to 25.790 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which rose 4.80% to 9.216, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 3.50% to settle at 130.100 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 3.35% to close at 18.690.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.68% to 14.900 in late trade, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which lost 2.47% to settle at 39.540 and SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 1.56% to 22.15 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 401 to 281 and 95 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.15% to 14.54.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.68% or 20.00 to $1214.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.81% or 1.23 to hit $69.06 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 1.86% or 1.39 to trade at $76.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.79% to 1.1631, while EUR/GBP rose 0.39% to 0.9041.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.58% at 95.00.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.