The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ), which rose 9.18% or 5.14 points to trade at 61.13 at the close. Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) added 1.71% or 2.500 points to end at 148.800 and Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) was up 1.65% or 0.248 points to 15.248 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ), which lost 1.92% or 5.20 points to trade at 265.70 in late trade. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) declined 1.33% or 2.350 points to end at 174.950 and Muench. Rueckvers. VNA O.N. (DE: MUVGn ) shed 1.16% or 2.60 points to 220.80.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 6.09% to 36.260, Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was up 4.89% to settle at 62.660 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 4.86% to close at 33.850.
The worst performers were Aroundtown Property Holdings PLC (DE: AT1 ) which was down 4.79% to 7.188 in late trade, Grand City Properties SA (DE: GYC ) which lost 4.09% to settle at 19.95 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which was down 2.66% to 84.860 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which rose 4.89% to 62.660, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which was up 4.86% to settle at 33.8500 and Nemetschek AG O.N. (DE: NEKG ) which gained 4.67% to close at 147.800.
The worst performers were Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was down 1.01% to 37.13 in late trade, Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which lost 0.82% to settle at 2.419 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) which was down 0.65% to 15.170 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 387 to 301 and 89 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was up 0.66% to 15.27.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.33% or 4.65 to $1410.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.05% or 0.03 to hit $59.41 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.08% or 0.05 to trade at $65.64 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.00% to 1.1367, while EUR/GBP rose 0.09% to 0.8966.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.757.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.