The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ), which rose 5.00% or 7.500 points to trade at 157.550 at the close. Adidas AG (DE: ADSGN ) added 2.06% or 5.30 points to end at 263.05 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.93% or 2.350 points to 124.250 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Daimler AG NA O.N. (DE: DAIGn ), which lost 2.48% or 1.290 points to trade at 50.830 in late trade. Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ) declined 1.98% or 0.355 points to end at 17.540 and Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) shed 1.42% or 0.095 points to 6.615.
The top performers on the MDAX were Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which rose 3.38% to 107.000, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which was up 2.87% to settle at 24.000 and Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which gained 2.68% to close at 40.610.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 8.23% to 2.620 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 4.22% to settle at 31.540 and Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which was down 4.05% to 35.020 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which rose 5.00% to 157.550, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which was up 3.40% to settle at 20.68 and Bechtle AG (DE: BC8G ) which gained 3.38% to close at 107.000.
The worst performers were Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 8.23% to 2.620 in late trade, Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which lost 4.22% to settle at 31.5400 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which was down 1.27% to 10.1400 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 373 to 329 and 79 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 2.03% to 15.96.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.09% or 1.20 to $1274.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 3.18% or 2.01 to hit $61.12 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 2.20% or 1.59 to trade at $70.59 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.02% to 1.1156, while EUR/GBP rose 0.23% to 0.8800.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 97.903.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.