The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ), which rose 1.70% or 1.160 points to trade at 69.580 at the close. Infineon Technologies AG NA O.N. (DE: IFXGn ) added 1.65% or 0.326 points to end at 20.130 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) was up 1.30% or 0.79 points to 61.47 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ), which lost 1.19% or 0.090 points to trade at 7.492 in late trade. SAP SE (DE: SAPG ) declined 1.10% or 1.140 points to end at 102.500 and Henkel & Co KGaA AG Pref (DE: HNKG_p ) shed 0.98% or 0.88 points to 88.52.
The top performers on the MDAX were Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which rose 4.87% to 20.340, Wacker Chemie O.N. (DE: WCHG ) which was up 2.90% to settle at 82.94 and Prosiebensat 1 Media AG (DE: PSMGn ) which gained 2.66% to close at 14.2750.
The worst performers were Tag Immobilien AG (DE: TEGG ) which was down 2.20% to 21.300 in late trade, Deutsche Pfandbriefbank AG (DE: PBBG ) which lost 1.77% to settle at 11.13 and Rocket Internet (DE: RKET ) which was down 1.55% to 22.80 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were SMA Solar Technology AG (DE: S92G ) which rose 5.47% to 21.200, Cancom SE O.N. (DE: COKG ) which was up 3.20% to settle at 42.620 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 2.68% to close at 9.0360.
The worst performers were SLM Solutions Group AG (DE: AM3D ) which was down 4.34% to 9.04 in late trade, S&T AG (DE: SANT1 ) which lost 2.10% to settle at 23.36 and Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was down 1.40% to 43.740 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 400 to 282 and 95 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.92% to 13.97.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.14% or 1.75 to $1296.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.98% or 0.61 to hit $62.71 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.89% or 0.62 to trade at $70.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.05% to 1.1215, while EUR/GBP rose 0.44% to 0.8617.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 97.040.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.