The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were Deutsche Lufthansa AG (DE: LHAG ), which rose 2.30% or 0.565 points to trade at 25.125 at the close. RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) added 1.86% or 0.380 points to end at 20.865 and Deutsche Boerse AG (DE: DB1Gn ) was up 1.48% or 1.400 points to 95.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ), which lost 1.44% or 0.225 points to trade at 15.430 in late trade. Deutsche Bank AG NA O.N. (DE: DBKGn ) declined 1.05% or 0.150 points to end at 14.170 and Bayerische Motoren Werke AG (DE: BMWG ) shed 0.64% or 0.570 points to 87.820.
The top performers on the MDAX were Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which rose 3.36% to 58.520, Hugo Boss AG NA O.N. (DE: BOSSn ) which was up 2.69% to settle at 77.740 and Hannover Rueck SE (DE: HNRGn ) which gained 2.32% to close at 108.05.
The worst performers were Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which was down 4.21% to 76.71 in late trade, Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which lost 2.35% to settle at 17.030 and Gerresheimer AG (BS: GXId ) which was down 2.32% to 64.030 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were RIB Software AG Na (DE: RIB ) which rose 6.54% to 19.950, Draegerwerk VZO O.N. (DE: DRWG_p ) which was up 4.06% to settle at 99.100 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which gained 2.05% to close at 107.150.
The worst performers were Medigene NA O.N. (DE: MDG1k ) which was down 2.57% to 12.710 in late trade, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which lost 1.87% to settle at 9.795 and Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG (DE: O2Dn ) which was down 1.24% to 4.614 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 420 to 331 and 37 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.34% to 11.76.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.50% or 6.50 to $1295.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.82% or 0.42 to hit $50.88 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.67% or 0.38 to trade at $56.56 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.14% to 1.1841, while EUR/GBP fell 0.21% to 0.8952.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.14% at 92.92.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.