Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.08%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Food & Beverages , Utilities and Chemicals sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX rose 0.08%, while the MDAX index gained 0.44%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were E.ON SE NA (DE: EONGn ), which rose 2.03% or 0.191 points to trade at 9.616 at the close. Linde PLC (DE: LINI ) added 1.85% or 2.550 points to end at 140.500 and RWE AG ST O.N. (DE: RWEG ) was up 1.60% or 0.340 points to 21.620 in late trade.
Biggest losers included SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which lost 2.76% or 2.550 points to trade at 89.810 in late trade. Continental AG O.N. (DE: CONG ) declined 1.79% or 2.50 points to end at 137.40 and Volkswagen AG VZO O.N. (DE: VOWG_p ) shed 1.42% or 2.12 points to 147.62.
The top performers on the MDAX were Sartorius AG VZO O.N. (DE: SATG_p ) which rose 18.20% to 133.800, Software AG (DE: SOWGn ) which was up 3.23% to settle at 33.900 and Symrise AG Inh. O.N. (DE: SY1G ) which gained 2.06% to close at 72.280.
The worst performers were Zalando SE (DE: ZALG ) which was down 8.11% to 26.39 in late trade, Norma Group AG NA O.N. (DE: NOEJ ) which lost 4.84% to settle at 44.800 and Siemens Healthineers AG (DE: SHLG ) which was down 4.39% to 33.76 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Suedzucker AG (DE: SZUG ) which rose 4.30% to 14.185, Nordex SE O.N. (DE: NDXG ) which was up 2.66% to settle at 10.120 and Aixtron SE NA O.N. (DE: AIXGn ) which gained 2.59% to close at 8.4860.
The worst performers were Stabilus (DE: STAB ) which was down 6.15% to 55.70 in late trade, Leoni AG (DE: LEOGn ) which lost 5.34% to settle at 32.590 and KWS SAAT AG O.N. (DE: KWSG ) which was down 4.76% to 280.00 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 381 to 312 and 87 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 0.45% to 17.71.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.38% or 4.95 to $1308.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 2.67% or 1.39 to hit $53.38 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 2.37% or 1.42 to trade at $61.23 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.06% to 1.1426, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8685.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.05% at 95.472.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or