Germany shares higher at close of trade; DAX up 0.04%
Investing.com – Germany equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Software , Telecoms and Financial Services sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Frankfurt, the DAX added 0.04%, while the MDAX index gained 0.19%, and the TecDAX index gained 0.60%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the DAX were SAP SE (DE: SAPG ), which rose 1.82% or 1.800 points to trade at 100.560 at the close. Merck KGaA (DE: MRCG ) added 1.28% or 1.12 points to end at 88.80 and Deutsche Telekom AG Na (DE: DTEGn ) was up 1.12% or 0.150 points to 13.585 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Thyssenkrupp AG O.N. (DE: TKAG ), which lost 2.61% or 0.505 points to trade at 18.860 in late trade. Heidelbergcement AG O.N. (DE: HEIG ) declined 2.11% or 1.420 points to end at 66.000 and Bayer AG NA (DE: BAYGN ) shed 1.87% or 1.40 points to 73.49.
The top performers on the MDAX were Gerresheimer AG (DE: GXIG ) which rose 4.30% to 75.250, Schaeffler AG Pref (DE: SHA_p ) which was up 1.97% to settle at 10.63 and Brenntag AG (DE: BNRGn ) which gained 1.65% to close at 52.860.
The worst performers were Aurubis AG (DE: NAFG ) which was down 4.72% to 56.140 in late trade, Kion Group AG (DE: KGX ) which lost 3.40% to settle at 54.02 and Jungheinrich AG O.N.VZO (DE: JUNG_p ) which was down 2.62% to 28.940 at the close.
The top performers on the TecDAX were Aixtron SE (DE: AIXGn ) which rose 5.30% to 10.930, Wirecard AG (DE: WDIG ) which was up 4.31% to settle at 192.450 and Dialog Semiconductor (DE: DLGS ) which gained 2.14% to close at 19.830.
The worst performers were Isra Vision O.N. (DE: ISRG ) which was down 6.14% to 48.15 in late trade, Evotec AG O.N. (DE: EVTG ) which lost 3.53% to settle at 21.300 and Siltronic AG (DE: WAFGn ) which was down 3.50% to 110.250 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 381 to 325 and 80 ended unchanged on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
The DAX volatility index , which measures the implied volatility of DAX options, was down 3.54% to 17.68.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.22% or 2.60 to $1201.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.81% or 0.55 to hit $67.22 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.43% or 0.33 to trade at $76.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.46% to 1.1568, while EUR/GBP fell 0.50% to 0.8944.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 95.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or