German stocks - Factors to watch on Dec. 10
FRANKFURT/BERLIN, Dec 10 (Reuters) - The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks on Monday:
DEUTSCHE BAHN DBN.UL
Germany's long-distance rail traffic came to a halt on Monday morning, operator Deutsche Bahn said, as workers staged a four-hour nationwide strike to step up pressure in a pay dispute. BAYGn.DE
Activist investor Elliott has taken a position in the company, adding to the slew of investments the fund has made in German companies, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters. BASFn.DE
The chemicals group slashed its forecast for 2018 profits, saying the decline was mainly due to its chemicals segment while low water levels on the Rhine and weak automotive demand especially in China were also to blame. BMWG.DE
The company said Alejandro Vukotich will be the new head of its driver assistance and autonomous driving development department from January 2019. CONG.DE
The car parts maker is considering acquiring software makers after the flotation of its Powertrain unit expected in the second half of 2019, its Chief Financial Officer Wolfgang Schaefer told Boersen-Zeitung. BANK DBKGn.DE COMMERZBANK CBKG.DE
The German government is ready to orchestrate a merger between Deutsche Bank and Commerzbank to ensure that Europe's largest economy has at least one lender capable of backing its companies abroad, Focus magazine reported. POST DPWGn.DE
The postal group expects the German regulator to decide on the company's planned price increases in the first quarter, Chief Executive Frank Appel told Welt am Sonntag.
Thyssenkrupp and India's Tata Steel TISC.NS are close to deciding who will lead their planned European steel joint venture, four people familiar with the matter said. VOWG_p.DE
The carmaker has denied allegations that Chairman Hans Dieter Poetsch knew about emissions test cheating almost three months before U.S. authorities made it public in September 2015. Bild am Sonntag reported that Poetsch learned about the. RHMG.DE
The tank maker and auto supplier aims to take a majority stake in Franco-German KMW + Nexter Defence Systems (KNDS), Welt am Sonntag reported. AIRG.DE AIR.PA
Airbus has left itself a slightly less challenging task on deliveries for the final weeks of the year than 2017's record surge in December, but only after trimming the target with its most recent results, company data showed. VIEWS
FRESENIUS FREG.DE - Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS ) cuts to "equal-weight" from "overweight"
OVERSEAS STOCK MARKETS
Dow Jones .DJI -2.2 pct, S&P 500 .SPX -2.3 pct, Nasdaq .IXIC -3.1 pct at close. .N
Nikkei .N225 -2.2 pct, Shanghai stocks .SSEC -1.1 pct. .T .SS
Time: 5:55 GMT.
GERMAN ECONOMIC DATA
German October trade data due at 0700 GMT. Imports seen +0.4 pct m/m, exports seen +0.5 pct m/m.
EUROPEAN FACTORS TO WATCH WATCH/EU
DIARIES DE/DIA WEU/EQUITY
REUTERS TOP NEWS TOP/NEWS
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or