The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 1.95% or 0.275 points to trade at 14.405 at the close. Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) added 0.63% or 0.13 points to end at 20.75 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) was up 0.29% or 0.04 points to 15.68 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXA SA (PA: AXAF ), which lost 3.52% or 0.82 points to trade at 22.62 in late trade. Total SA (PA: TOTF ) declined 3.43% or 1.89 points to end at 53.21 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) shed 3.27% or 0.565 points to 16.705.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Ingenico Group (PA: INGC ) which rose 7.85% to 67.84, Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was up 3.49% to settle at 86.580 and DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which gained 2.46% to close at 31.620.
The worst performers were Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 8.22% to 1.106 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 5.75% to settle at 7.994 and CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was down 5.59% to 2.194 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 531 to 87 and 56 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 16.58% to 20.43 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 2.43% or 29.00 to $1222.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.13% or 1.56 to hit $71.61 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 2.31% or 1.92 to trade at $81.17 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.49% to 1.1578, while EUR/GBP rose 0.46% to 0.8773.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.39% at 94.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.