The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which rose 0.62% or 0.35 points to trade at 56.85 at the close. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) added 0.16% or 0.05 points to end at 31.50 and Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) was up 0.08% or 0.02 points to 23.65 in late trade.
Biggest losers included BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ), which lost 6.68% or 2.96 points to trade at 41.33 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 4.23% or 1.13 points to end at 25.56 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) shed 4.16% or 0.588 points to 13.536.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which rose 2.66% to 12.34, Trigano SA (PA: TRIA ) which was up 0.85% to settle at 70.90 and Lagardere SCA (PA: LAGA ) which gained 0.65% to close at 21.60.
The worst performers were BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) which was down 6.68% to 41.33 in late trade, Spie SA (PA: SPIE ) which lost 5.26% to settle at 15.680 and Ipsos (PA: ISOS ) which was down 4.99% to 23.80 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 389 to 159 and 87 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 7.96% to 17.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.37% or 4.75 to $1281.85 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 2.11% or 1.25 to hit $57.89 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 1.95% or 1.34 to trade at $67.33 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.24% to 1.1134, while EUR/GBP rose 0.05% to 0.8823.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 98.032.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.