The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ), which rose 2.19% or 0.272 points to trade at 12.670 at the close. AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) added 1.89% or 0.44 points to end at 23.68 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 1.01% or 0.27 points to 27.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ), which lost 6.56% or 2.28 points to trade at 32.50 in late trade. Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) declined 5.36% or 24.80 points to end at 437.80 and LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) shed 4.89% or 14.80 points to 287.95.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) which rose 2.19% to 12.670, Natixis (PA: CNAT ) which was up 1.96% to settle at 5.838 and AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) which gained 1.89% to close at 23.68.
The worst performers were Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) which was down 6.56% to 32.50 in late trade, Altran Technologies (PA: ALTT ) which lost 5.66% to settle at 7.665 and Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which was down 5.43% to 1.167 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 396 to 188 and 91 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 9.91% to 14.69.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.09% or 1.10 to $1201.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.20% or 1.68 to hit $74.73 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.47% or 1.27 to trade at $85.02 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.24% to 1.1504, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8841.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.21% at 95.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.