The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Lafargeholcim Ltd (PA: LHN ), which rose 0.67% or 0.33 points to trade at 49.56 at the close. Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) added 0.64% or 0.10 points to end at 14.88 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) was up 0.59% or 0.10 points to 17.79 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ), which lost 5.64% or 1.195 points to trade at 19.980 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) declined 3.40% or 0.855 points to end at 24.320 and Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) shed 3.04% or 3.15 points to 100.35.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were GTT (PA: GTT ) which rose 2.16% to 44.45, Aeroports De Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which was up 1.27% to settle at 152.00 and Hermes International SCA (PA: HRMS ) which gained 0.73% to close at 448.50.
The worst performers were Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which was down 9.99% to 10.95 in late trade, STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ) which lost 5.64% to settle at 19.980 and Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which was down 4.36% to 11.175 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 438 to 179 and 87 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 6.92% to 12.60.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.34% or 4.31 to $1288.01 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 0.69% or 0.39 to hit $57.20 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 0.61% or 0.39 to trade at $63.88 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.46% to 1.1648, while EUR/GBP rose 0.27% to 0.8864.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.42% at 94.37.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.