The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which rose 0.71% or 0.23 points to trade at 32.73 at the close. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) added 0.41% or 0.10 points to end at 24.72 and AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) was up 0.37% or 0.08 points to 21.68 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which lost 8.43% or 5.44 points to trade at 59.06 in late trade. Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) declined 3.26% or 3.55 points to end at 105.35 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) shed 2.25% or 2.65 points to 115.00.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which rose 3.41% to 1.488, Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which was up 2.53% to settle at 12.98 and Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which gained 2.20% to close at 26.96.
The worst performers were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was down 27.34% to 1.897 in late trade, Technicolor (PA: TCH ) which lost 16.34% to settle at 1.075 and Solocal Group SA (PA: LOCAL ) which was down 12.25% to 0.548 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 416 to 172 and 93 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 5.32% to 18.32.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.17% or 2.10 to $1222.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.28% or 0.16 to hit $56.62 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.69% or 0.46 to trade at $66.30 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.28% to 1.1446, while EUR/GBP rose 0.10% to 0.8910.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 96.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.