The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ), which rose 0.94% or 1.44 points to trade at 154.10 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 0.55% or 0.110 points to end at 20.150 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) was up 0.41% or 0.45 points to 110.95 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 3.60% or 2.78 points to trade at 74.42 in late trade. Dassault Systemes (PA: DAST ) declined 2.60% or 2.90 points to end at 108.65 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) shed 2.44% or 0.68 points to 27.19.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Getlink SE (PA: GETP ) which rose 2.80% to 13.050, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was up 2.45% to settle at 1.592 and ICADE (PA: ICAD ) which gained 2.35% to close at 74.00.
The worst performers were Ipsos (PA: ISOS ) which was down 6.09% to 21.60 in late trade, Ipsen (PA: IPN ) which lost 6.07% to settle at 109.00 and Eurofins Scientific (PA: EUFI ) which was down 5.06% to 360.00 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 367 to 214 and 80 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 6.87% to 16.11.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.37% or 4.85 to $1302.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 3.73% or 2.00 to hit $51.69 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 3.13% or 1.93 to trade at $59.66 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.23% to 1.1439, while EUR/GBP rose 0.46% to 0.8684.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.343.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.