The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which rose 4.62% or 0.92 points to trade at 20.84 at the close. Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) added 2.52% or 1.300 points to end at 52.800 and LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) was up 1.17% or 3.95 points to 342.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Safran SA (PA: SAF ), which lost 2.09% or 2.55 points to trade at 119.25 in late trade. EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) declined 2.07% or 2.20 points to end at 104.00 and Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) shed 1.95% or 0.45 points to 22.59.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Neopost SA (PA: NPOS ) which rose 9.26% to 20.30, Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) which was up 4.62% to settle at 20.84 and Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which gained 3.58% to close at 32.43.
The worst performers were Rothschild & Co SCA (PA: ROTH ) which was down 3.04% to 27.150 in late trade, SES (PA: SESFd ) which lost 2.39% to settle at 13.70 and Metropole Television SA (PA: MMTP ) which was down 2.16% to 15.84 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 285 to 256 and 96 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.04% to 15.75.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.50% or 6.45 to $1277.15 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.82% or 0.48 to hit $59.11 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.23% or 0.16 to trade at $68.61 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.27% to 1.1165, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.37% at 97.838.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.