The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ), which rose 3.13% or 0.47 points to trade at 15.50 at the close. Pernod Ricard SA (PA: PERP ) added 1.83% or 2.60 points to end at 144.50 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) was up 1.39% or 1.14 points to 83.38 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ), which lost 2.86% or 3.30 points to trade at 112.15 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 1.29% or 0.70 points to end at 53.38 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) shed 1.05% or 2.00 points to 187.60.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Europcar Groupe SA (PA: EUCAR ) which rose 3.71% to 9.37, Elis Services SA (PA: ELIS ) which was up 3.59% to settle at 19.60 and Aeroports De Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which gained 3.46% to close at 185.40.
The worst performers were Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which was down 3.05% to 124.10 in late trade, Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) which lost 2.86% to settle at 112.15 and Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was down 2.08% to 70.66 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 307 to 271 and 93 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 1.14% to 12.12.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.18% or 2.40 to $1300.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.48% or 0.32 to hit $66.42 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.08 to trade at $76.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.03% to 1.1780, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8780.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.01% at 93.57.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.