The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ), which rose 1.81% or 1.81 points to trade at 101.75 at the close. Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) added 1.04% or 0.230 points to end at 22.430 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) was up 0.99% or 1.30 points to 132.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 5.50% or 0.848 points to trade at 14.558 in late trade. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) declined 2.33% or 0.52 points to end at 21.84 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) shed 2.31% or 1.24 points to 52.39.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ) which rose 1.81% to 101.75, Sartorius Stedim Biotech SA (PA: STDM ) which was up 1.79% to settle at 136.60 and DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which gained 1.77% to close at 18.930.
The worst performers were Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which was down 7.97% to 52.22 in late trade, ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which lost 5.50% to settle at 14.558 and Faurecia (PA: EPED ) which was down 4.83% to 36.86 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 388 to 177 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.64% to 12.73.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.07% or 1.05 to $1398.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.29% or 0.17 to hit $57.83 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.19% or 0.12 to trade at $64.23 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.04% to 1.1209, while EUR/GBP rose 0.36% to 0.8991.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 97.097.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.