The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Kering SA (PA: PRTP ), which rose 3.27% or 12.70 points to trade at 401.50 at the close. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) added 2.32% or 5.80 points to end at 256.00 and Total SA (PA: TOTF ) was up 1.25% or 0.57 points to 46.71 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sodexo (PA: EXHO ), which lost 4.54% or 3.72 points to trade at 78.18 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 3.11% or 0.560 points to end at 17.425 and Renault SA (PA: RENA ) shed 2.11% or 2.08 points to 96.42.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Neopost (PA: NPOS ) which rose 5.14% to 22.50, Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) which was up 3.27% to settle at 401.50 and Eramet (PA: ERMT ) which gained 3.22% to close at 115.40.
The worst performers were Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which was down 5.71% to 10.400 in late trade, Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which lost 5.10% to settle at 16.76 and Sodexo (PA: EXHO ) which was down 4.54% to 78.18 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 363 to 220 and 77 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 8.11% to 17.29.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.72% or 9.70 to $1337.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.81% or 0.51 to hit $63.52 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.67% or 0.45 to trade at $68.09 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.28% to 1.2268, while EUR/GBP fell 0.45% to 0.8721.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 89.83.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.