The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ), which rose 7.14% or 3.74 points to trade at 56.12 at the close. Schneider Electric SE (PA: SCHN ) added 3.70% or 2.36 points to end at 66.14 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) was up 3.18% or 3.15 points to 102.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ), which lost 5.38% or 8.16 points to trade at 143.42 in late trade. EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) declined 3.11% or 3.40 points to end at 106.10 and Kering SA (PA: PRTP ) shed 2.46% or 11.80 points to 468.20.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which rose 9.19% to 13.540, Ipsen SA (PA: IPN ) which was up 7.66% to settle at 118.00 and Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) which gained 7.14% to close at 56.12.
The worst performers were WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) which was down 5.38% to 143.42 in late trade, BIC (PA: BICP ) which lost 4.75% to settle at 83.25 and Natixis (PA: CNAT ) which was down 4.67% to 4.271 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 292 to 273 and 97 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 9.35% to 15.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was down 0.04% or 0.55 to $1314.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 0.85% or 0.46 to hit $54.36 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract rose 1.23% or 0.78 to trade at $64.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.20% to 1.1287, while EUR/GBP rose 0.58% to 0.8814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 96.898.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.