The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics (PA: STM ), which rose 1.17% or 0.245 points to trade at 21.225 at the close. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) added 1.17% or 0.70 points to end at 60.70 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 1.08% or 0.27 points to 24.83 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ), which lost 3.65% or 1.67 points to trade at 44.03 in late trade. BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) declined 1.22% or 0.80 points to end at 64.96 and Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) shed 1.05% or 0.155 points to 14.645.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Gemalto (AS: GTO ) which rose 2.43% to 34.21, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was up 2.12% to settle at 5.166 and Aeroports De Paris SA (PA: ADP ) which gained 1.97% to close at 150.35.
The worst performers were Societe Generale (PA: SOGN ) which was down 3.65% to 44.03 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 2.64% to settle at 12.545 and SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 2.46% to 13.26 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 331 to 297 and 82 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 0.05% to 11.00.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.06% or 13.44 to $1282.64 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December rose 2.61% or 1.45 to hit $57.09 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract rose 2.92% or 1.81 to trade at $63.88 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.01% to 1.1606, while EUR/GBP fell 0.57% to 0.8826.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 94.70.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.