The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which rose 1.00% or 0.50 points to trade at 50.36 at the close. Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) added 0.86% or 0.95 points to end at 111.80 and Danone SA (PA: DANO ) was up 0.64% or 0.43 points to 67.36 in late trade.
Biggest losers included STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which lost 3.68% or 0.545 points to trade at 14.245 in late trade. Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) declined 2.70% or 3.55 points to end at 128.00 and Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) shed 2.68% or 0.76 points to 27.56.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Eramet SA (PA: ERMT ) which rose 4.63% to 54.25, Eurofins Scientific SE (PA: EUFI ) which was up 4.13% to settle at 373.40 and Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which gained 2.82% to close at 8.385.
The worst performers were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which was down 14.96% to 14.840 in late trade, ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which lost 4.62% to settle at 12.80 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which was down 3.68% to 14.245 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 327 to 256 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 0.62% to 12.96.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.14% or 1.75 to $1286.45 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April fell 0.64% or 0.36 to hit $56.20 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 0.12% or 0.08 to trade at $65.94 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.04% to 1.1310, while EUR/GBP rose 0.12% to 0.8587.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 96.787.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.