The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ), which rose 4.08% or 4.45 points to trade at 113.60 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 1.58% or 0.240 points to end at 15.390 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) was up 1.44% or 0.24 points to 16.91 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ), which lost 2.66% or 0.65 points to trade at 23.81 in late trade. Safran SA (PA: SAF ) declined 1.87% or 2.45 points to end at 128.35 and Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) shed 1.32% or 1.66 points to 123.88.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which rose 5.37% to 31.59, Trigano SA (PA: TRIA ) which was up 4.16% to settle at 77.55 and EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) which gained 4.08% to close at 113.60.
The worst performers were Alstom SA (PA: ALSO ) which was down 3.13% to 41.21 in late trade, Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) which lost 2.66% to settle at 23.81 and Altran Technologies SA (PA: ALTT ) which was down 1.93% to 13.945 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 276 to 276 and 109 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 1.70% to 14.09.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.34% or 4.75 to $1410.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.19% or 0.11 to hit $59.49 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.03% or 0.02 to trade at $65.71 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.02% to 1.1366, while EUR/GBP rose 0.07% to 0.8964.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.03% at 95.757.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.