The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Renault SA (PA: RENA ), which rose 2.37% or 1.30 points to trade at 56.15 at the close. Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) added 1.50% or 0.33 points to end at 22.05 and Air Liquide SA (PA: AIRP ) was up 1.33% or 1.60 points to 122.35 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ), which lost 3.03% or 1.50 points to trade at 47.96 in late trade. Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) declined 2.46% or 3.50 points to end at 138.60 and Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) shed 1.77% or 1.64 points to 91.04.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which rose 6.39% to 12.16, Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which was up 3.52% to settle at 2.528 and Euronext (PA: ENX ) which gained 2.83% to close at 67.30.
The worst performers were Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which was down 5.36% to 30.00 in late trade, Neopost SA (PA: NPOS ) which lost 5.17% to settle at 18.71 and SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 4.86% to 13.22 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 349 to 220 and 90 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.26% to 13.24 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.08% or 1.15 to $1398.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.79% or 0.45 to hit $57.52 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 1.15% or 0.74 to trade at $65.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.44% to 1.1341, while EUR/GBP rose 0.43% to 0.8927.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 95.922.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.