The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Accor SA (PA: ACCP ), which rose 1.43% or 0.52 points to trade at 36.76 at the close. Vivendi SA (PA: VIV ) added 0.85% or 0.21 points to end at 24.94 and LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) was up 0.80% or 2.95 points to 371.25 in late trade.
Biggest losers included WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ), which lost 3.65% or 4.90 points to trade at 129.25 in late trade. Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) declined 2.20% or 0.48 points to end at 21.57 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) shed 1.98% or 0.302 points to 14.948.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Compagnie Plastic Omnium SA (PA: PLOF ) which rose 3.95% to 22.89, SES (PA: SESFd ) which was up 2.76% to settle at 13.59 and Alstom SA (PA: ALSO ) which gained 2.34% to close at 42.37.
The worst performers were Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which was down 4.44% to 11.62 in late trade, Eurofins Scientific SE (PA: EUFI ) which lost 3.88% to settle at 361.40 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) which was down 3.65% to 129.25 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 328 to 229 and 100 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 5.64% to 13.98.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.32% or 18.45 to $1418.55 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.33% or 0.19 to hit $57.24 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.12% or 0.72 to trade at $63.73 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.21% to 1.1389, while EUR/GBP rose 0.29% to 0.8940.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 95.562.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.