The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 4.39% or 0.625 points to trade at 14.850 at the close. WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) added 1.70% or 2.54 points to end at 151.92 and Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) was up 1.50% or 0.48 points to 32.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ), which lost 6.55% or 6.88 points to trade at 98.12 in late trade. Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ) declined 2.61% or 2.62 points to end at 97.78 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) shed 2.60% or 1.15 points to 43.04.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which rose 4.39% to 14.850, Ubisoft Entertainment (PA: UBIP ) which was up 3.16% to settle at 80.880 and Soitec SA (PA: SOIT ) which gained 2.51% to close at 71.550.
The worst performers were EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ) which was down 6.55% to 98.12 in late trade, SES (PA: SESFd ) which lost 5.55% to settle at 14.05 and Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which was down 4.37% to 12.05 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 303 to 254 and 108 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 7.44% to 15.36 a new 1-month high.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.53% or 6.90 to $1308.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May fell 0.58% or 0.35 to hit $59.88 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract fell 1.07% or 0.73 to trade at $67.77 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.45% to 1.1360, while EUR/GBP rose 0.43% to 0.8683.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.78% at 95.942.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.