The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ), which rose 14.88% or 3.04 points to trade at 23.47 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 5.36% or 1.355 points to end at 26.655 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) was up 3.94% or 0.780 points to 20.580 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ), which lost 1.99% or 0.385 points to trade at 18.920 in late trade. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) declined 1.70% or 0.92 points to end at 53.04 and Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) shed 0.70% or 0.10 points to 13.46.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) which rose 14.88% to 23.47, Edenred (PA: EDEN ) which was up 10.24% to settle at 31.53 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which gained 5.36% to close at 26.655.
The worst performers were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 6.38% to 29.960 in late trade, Ingenico Group (PA: INGC ) which lost 2.77% to settle at 72.22 and Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ) which was down 1.99% to 18.920 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 315 to 234 and 124 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 7.80% to 12.48.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.02% or 0.20 to $1225.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 1.47% or 1.00 to hit $68.89 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 1.05% or 0.77 to trade at $73.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.09% to 1.1681, while EUR/GBP fell 0.39% to 0.8890.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.01% at 94.41.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.