The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which rose 7.14% or 8.90 points to trade at 133.50 at the close. Cap Gemini SA (PA: CAPP ) added 2.48% or 2.40 points to end at 99.10 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 2.37% or 0.57 points to 24.63 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ), which lost 4.06% or 9.10 points to trade at 215.00 in late trade. Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) declined 1.47% or 0.70 points to end at 47.19 and Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) shed 1.33% or 0.56 points to 42.03.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Gemalto (AS: GTO ) which rose 34.57% to 45.60, Innate Pharma (PA: IPH ) which was up 9.13% to settle at 5.020 and Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which gained 7.14% to close at 133.50.
The worst performers were Worldline SA (PA: WLN ) which was down 6.47% to 38.215 in late trade, Unibail Rodamco SE (AS: UNBP ) which lost 4.06% to settle at 215.00 and Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which was down 2.64% to 12.720 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 322 to 263 and 102 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 3.24% to 10.15.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.30% or 3.80 to $1243.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 1.31% or 0.76 to hit $57.23 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.58% or 1.02 to trade at $63.67 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.30% to 1.1734, while EUR/GBP fell 0.16% to 0.8807.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 94.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.