The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ), which rose 2.23% or 2.25 points to trade at 102.95 at the close. Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ) added 2.01% or 2.30 points to end at 116.88 and Legrand SA (PA: LEGD ) was up 1.90% or 1.12 points to 59.98 in late trade.
Biggest losers included EssilorLuxottica SA (PA: ESLX ), which lost 1.35% or 1.40 points to trade at 102.45 in late trade. Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ) declined 0.84% or 0.82 points to end at 97.28 and STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) shed 0.82% or 0.115 points to 13.970.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which rose 4.58% to 8.905, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was up 4.30% to settle at 1.697 and Rubis SCA (PA: RUBF ) which gained 4.08% to close at 52.30.
The worst performers were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 8.61% to 20.380 in late trade, BIC (PA: BICP ) which lost 2.25% to settle at 80.30 and Eutelsat Communications SA (PA: ETL ) which was down 2.19% to 16.30 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 342 to 224 and 101 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 5.34% to 13.90.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.89% or 11.55 to $1309.65 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 2.66% or 1.51 to hit $58.38 a barrel, while the May Brent oil contract rose 1.47% or 0.98 to trade at $67.65 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1307, while EUR/GBP fell 0.78% to 0.8563.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.23% at 96.678.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.