The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ), which rose 3.84% or 1.22 points to trade at 32.99 at the close. Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) added 2.40% or 1.70 points to end at 72.68 and Accor SA (PA: ACCP ) was up 1.78% or 0.66 points to 37.64 in late trade.
Biggest losers included AXA SA (PA: AXAF ), which lost 1.26% or 0.25 points to trade at 19.72 in late trade. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) declined 1.20% or 0.145 points to end at 11.965 and Peugeot SA (PA: PEUP ) shed 1.08% or 0.20 points to 17.91.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which rose 4.68% to 11.19, Iliad (PA: ILD ) which was up 4.03% to settle at 124.05 and Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) which gained 3.84% to close at 32.99.
The worst performers were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which was down 4.03% to 17.610 in late trade, Dassault Aviation SA (PA: AVMD ) which lost 3.36% to settle at 1266.00 and Elior Group (PA: ELIOR ) which was down 3.23% to 11.98 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 315 to 275 and 88 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 13.32% to 20.98.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.59% or 7.30 to $1250.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 4.21% or 2.17 to hit $53.66 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 4.61% or 2.77 to trade at $62.83 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1385, while EUR/GBP rose 0.61% to 0.8954.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 96.735.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.