The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ), which rose 4.16% or 0.590 points to trade at 14.760 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 3.65% or 0.526 points to end at 14.952 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) was up 3.53% or 0.72 points to 21.14 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ), which lost 5.31% or 0.72 points to trade at 12.84 in late trade. Compagnie Generale des Etablissements Michelin SCA (PA: MICP ) declined 1.99% or 2.15 points to end at 105.85 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) shed 1.32% or 1.65 points to 123.15.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which rose 4.27% to 16.850, STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) which was up 4.16% to settle at 14.760 and ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) which gained 3.65% to close at 14.952.
The worst performers were Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) which was down 5.31% to 12.84 in late trade, JC Decaux SA (PA: JCDX ) which lost 3.96% to settle at 25.74 and Wendel (PA: MWDP ) which was down 2.12% to 115.40 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 339 to 211 and 82 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 7.55% to 15.14.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.34% or 4.35 to $1272.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.14% or 0.09 to hit $63.12 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.10% or 0.07 to trade at $71.90 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.08% to 1.1161, while EUR/GBP fell 0.07% to 0.8768.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 97.885.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.