The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which rose 2.11% or 2.58 points to trade at 125.00 at the close. TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) added 2.05% or 0.41 points to end at 20.45 and Safran SA (PA: SAF ) was up 1.63% or 2.00 points to 124.90 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ), which lost 1.36% or 0.198 points to trade at 14.374 in late trade. Engie SA (PA: ENGIE ) declined 1.00% or 0.13 points to end at 12.82 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) shed 0.92% or 1.25 points to 134.60.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which rose 2.56% to 18.050, Biomerieux SA (PA: BIOX ) which was up 2.47% to settle at 76.65 and Thales (PA: TCFP ) which gained 2.42% to close at 108.00.
The worst performers were Rubis SCA (PA: RUBF ) which was down 4.86% to 46.62 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 4.27% to settle at 7.886 and Sopra Steria Group SA (PA: SOPR ) which was down 3.33% to 98.60 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 291 to 280 and 91 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.14% to 13.97 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.09% or 1.15 to $1343.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July fell 0.51% or 0.27 to hit $52.24 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.97% or 0.60 to trade at $61.41 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.18% to 1.1227, while EUR/GBP rose 0.48% to 0.8941.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.09% at 96.977.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.