The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which rose 3.35% or 0.71 points to trade at 21.89 at the close. STMicroelectronics NV (PA: STM ) added 2.40% or 0.355 points to end at 15.170 and Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ) was up 1.48% or 1.50 points to 103.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ), which lost 2.93% or 0.315 points to trade at 10.435 in late trade. Publicis Groupe SA (PA: PUBP ) declined 2.48% or 1.26 points to end at 49.46 and Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) shed 2.41% or 0.41 points to 16.79.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Vallourec (PA: VLLP ) which rose 6.82% to 2.442, CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which was up 4.25% to settle at 1.694 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which gained 3.35% to close at 21.89.
The worst performers were Natixis (PA: CNAT ) which was down 11.76% to 3.480 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 4.38% to settle at 7.550 and Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which was down 3.65% to 31.70 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 299 to 266 and 92 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 0.22% to 13.68.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 3.18% or 42.95 to $1391.75 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 5.34% or 2.88 to hit $56.85 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 3.83% or 2.37 to trade at $64.19 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.61% to 1.1293, while EUR/GBP rose 0.12% to 0.8889.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.42% at 96.172.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.