The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ), which rose 3.62% or 5.35 points to trade at 153.25 at the close. Bouygues SA (PA: BOUY ) added 1.84% or 0.61 points to end at 33.71 and Vinci SA (PA: SGEF ) was up 1.64% or 1.44 points to 89.44 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Airbus Group SE (PA: AIR ), which lost 1.69% or 2.00 points to trade at 116.50 in late trade. Valeo SA (PA: VLOF ) declined 1.67% or 0.48 points to end at 28.34 and Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) shed 1.26% or 0.34 points to 26.26.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Television Francaise 1 SA (PA: TFFP ) which rose 3.70% to 8.550, Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which was up 3.69% to settle at 12.36 and WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) which gained 3.62% to close at 153.25.
The worst performers were Dassault Aviation SA (PA: AVMD ) which was down 3.49% to 1300.00 in late trade, Vicat (PA: VCTP ) which lost 3.16% to settle at 44.40 and Eutelsat Communications SA (PA: ETL ) which was down 3.06% to 15.07 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 325 to 233 and 104 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was up 4.11% to 14.53.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.29% or 3.75 to $1312.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.75% or 0.48 to hit $64.46 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.42% or 1.00 to trade at $71.61 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1272, while EUR/GBP fell 0.12% to 0.8609.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 96.532.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.