The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were AXA SA (PA: AXAF ), which rose 1.94% or 0.44 points to trade at 23.07 at the close. LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE (PA: LVMH ) added 1.15% or 4.05 points to end at 355.05 and Societe Generale SA (PA: SOGN ) was up 1.13% or 0.32 points to 28.70 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Atos SE (PA: ATOS ), which lost 27.05% or 25.20 points to trade at 67.96 in late trade. WFD Unibail Rodamco NV (AS: URW ) declined 1.89% or 2.90 points to end at 150.90 and Orange SA (PA: ORAN ) shed 1.24% or 0.17 points to 13.93.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were CGG SA (PA: GEPH ) which rose 3.76% to 1.600, AXA SA (PA: AXAF ) which was up 1.94% to settle at 23.07 and Spie SA (PA: SPIE ) which gained 1.72% to close at 17.780.
The worst performers were Atos SE (PA: ATOS ) which was down 27.05% to 67.96 in late trade, Air France KLM SA (PA: AIRF ) which lost 5.47% to settle at 9.670 and ALD SA (PA: ALDA ) which was down 4.27% to 12.56 at the close.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 296 to 266 and 86 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 7.24% to 13.10.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.81% or 10.35 to $1282.35 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.66% or 0.41 to hit $62.22 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.66% or 0.47 to trade at $71.22 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.17% to 1.1196, while EUR/GBP fell 0.66% to 0.8516.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.32% at 97.278.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.