The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Veolia Environnement VE SA (PA: VIE ), which rose 2.09% or 0.450 points to trade at 22.010 at the close. Carrefour SA (PA: CARR ) added 2.03% or 0.34 points to end at 17.36 and L’Oreal SA (PA: OREP ) was up 1.89% or 4.70 points to 254.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ), which lost 3.71% or 0.86 points to trade at 22.30 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) declined 2.15% or 0.342 points to end at 15.598 and Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (PA: SGOB ) shed 2.00% or 0.69 points to 34.14.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were Trigano SA (PA: TRIA ) which rose 15.15% to 93.50, Casino Guichard Perrachon SA (PA: CASP ) which was up 3.39% to settle at 31.76 and Elis Services SA (PA: ELIS ) which gained 2.51% to close at 16.34.
The worst performers were TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) which was down 3.71% to 22.30 in late trade, Maisons du Monde SAS (PA: MDM ) which lost 3.56% to settle at 20.040 and SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 3.14% to 13.60 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 284 to 268 and 104 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 5.46% to 11.51 a new 1-month low.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.34% or 18.65 to $1407.95 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 3.08% or 1.82 to hit $57.27 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 2.57% or 1.67 to trade at $63.39 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.19% to 1.1307, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.8963.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.22% at 96.197.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.