The biggest gainers of the session on the CAC 40 were Capgemini SE (PA: CAPP ), which rose 1.97% or 2.20 points to trade at 113.80 at the close. Credit Agricole SA (PA: CAGR ) added 1.78% or 0.195 points to end at 11.120 and BNP Paribas SA (PA: BNPP ) was up 1.12% or 0.47 points to 43.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ), which lost 1.95% or 2.85 points to trade at 143.55 in late trade. Sodexo SA (PA: EXHO ) declined 0.95% or 1.00 points to end at 104.20 and TechnipFMC PLC (PA: FTI ) shed 0.94% or 0.21 points to 22.10.
The top performers on the SBF 120 were DBV Technologies (PA: DBV ) which rose 17.86% to 19.860, Trigano SA (PA: TRIA ) which was up 4.16% to settle at 98.95 and Vicat (PA: VCTP ) which gained 2.79% to close at 44.20.
The worst performers were SES (PA: SESFd ) which was down 2.29% to 13.65 in late trade, Dassault Systemes SE (PA: DAST ) which lost 1.95% to settle at 143.55 and Electricite de France SA (PA: EDF ) which was down 1.41% to 11.19 at the close.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 288 to 277 and 94 ended unchanged on the Paris Stock Exchange.
The CAC 40 VIX , which measures the implied volatility of CAC 40 options, was down 4.32% to 11.64.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.20% or 2.85 to $1418.05 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.94% or 0.54 to hit $56.80 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.69% or 0.44 to trade at $63.38 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.02% to 1.1279, while EUR/GBP fell 0.03% to 0.8964.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 96.350.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.