At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 declined 1.32% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Amer Sports Corporation (HE: AMEAS ), which rose 9.01% or 3.17 points to trade at 38.37 at the close. Nokia Oyj (HE: NOKIA ) added 3.07% or 0.146 points to end at 4.901 and Huhtamaki Oyj (HE: HUH1V ) was up 0.48% or 0.13 points to 27.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Outotec Oyj (HE: OTE1V ), which lost 7.82% or 0.265 points to trade at 3.122 in late trade. Valmt (HE: VALMT ) declined 5.91% or 1.11 points to end at 17.68 and Metsa Board Oyj B (HE: METSB ) shed 5.90% or 0.355 points to 5.660.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 114 to 42 and 13 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for February delivery was up 4.70% or 2.82 to $62.88 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 4.31% or 2.22 to hit $53.71 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.53% or 6.60 to trade at $1250.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.06% to 1.1385, while EUR/GBP rose 0.54% to 0.8948.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.04% at 96.725.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.