At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 lost 0.56%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Metsa Board Oyj B (HE: METSB ), which rose 8.57% or 0.640 points to trade at 8.105 at the close. Stora Enso Oyj R (HE: STERV ) added 1.88% or 0.285 points to end at 15.415 and Tieto Oyj (HE: TIE1V ) was up 0.76% or 0.22 points to 29.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Nordea Bank AB FDR (HE: NDA1V ), which lost 8.39% or 0.810 points to trade at 8.840 in late trade. YIT Oyj (HE: YIT ) declined 3.93% or 0.28 points to end at 6.96 and Cargotec Oyj (HE: CGCBV ) shed 2.61% or 1.24 points to 46.34.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 86 to 56 and 15 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for May delivery was up 1.35% or 0.88 to $66.00 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in April rose 1.65% or 1.01 to hit $62.20 a barrel, while the April Gold Futures contract fell 0.42% or 5.50 to trade at $1312.30 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.20% to 1.2281, while EUR/GBP fell 0.17% to 0.8814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 90.25.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.