Finland shares higher at close of trade; OMX Helsinki 25 up 2.39%
Investing.com – Finland equities were higher at the close on Monday, as gains in the Basic Materials , Utilities and Oil & Gas sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 gained 2.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Cargotec Oyj (HE: CGCBV ), which rose 5.71% or 1.94 points to trade at 35.94 at the close. Outotec Oyj (HE: OTE1V ) added 5.59% or 0.186 points to end at 3.511 and Amer Sports Corporation (HE: AMEAS ) was up 5.47% or 1.81 points to 34.88 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Sampo Oyj A (HE: SAMPO ), which added 0.56% or 0.22 points to trade at 39.65 in late trade. Telia Company AB (HE: TELIA1 ) added 0.74% or 0.030 points to end at 4.099 and Kesko Oyj (HE: KESKOB ) gained 0.97% or 0.50 points to 51.96.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 106 to 47 and 15 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for February delivery was up 2.62% or 1.56 to $61.02 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 3.06% or 1.56 to hit $52.49 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 1.08% or 13.20 to trade at $1239.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.38% to 1.1360, while EUR/GBP rose 0.45% to 0.8911.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.40% at 96.812.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or