At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 gained 0.94%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Stora Enso Oyj R (HE: STERV ), which rose 3.58% or 0.565 points to trade at 16.330 at the close. DNA Oyj (HE: DNAO ) added 2.64% or 0.5000 points to end at 19.4600 and Outotec Oyj (HE: OTE1V ) was up 2.06% or 0.118 points to 5.840 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Amer Sports Corporation (HE: AMEAS ), which lost 2.14% or 0.76 points to trade at 34.78 in late trade. Metso Oyj (HE: METSO ) declined 0.70% or 0.21 points to end at 29.70 and Outokumpu Oyj (HE: OUT1V ) shed 0.45% or 0.0240 points to 5.2940.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 83 to 56 and 22 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for November delivery was up 0.18% or 0.14 to $78.84 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.97% or 0.68 to hit $71.00 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 0.78% or 9.50 to trade at $1201.80 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.30% to 1.1742, while EUR/GBP rose 1.19% to 0.8981.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.41% at 93.85.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.