At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 rose 0.75% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Nokia Oyj (HE: NOKIA ), which rose 5.75% or 0.312 points to trade at 5.742 at the close. Huhtamaki Oyj (HE: HUH1V ) added 3.78% or 1.05 points to end at 28.84 and Konecranes ABP (HE: KCRA ) was up 2.58% or 0.76 points to 30.26 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Telia Company AB (HE: TELIA1 ), which lost 5.05% or 0.205 points to trade at 3.851 in late trade. Fortum Oyj (HE: FORTUM ) declined 2.25% or 0.46 points to end at 19.75 and Kesko Oyj (HE: KESKOB ) shed 1.47% or 0.76 points to 50.80.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 104 to 44 and 21 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for March delivery was up 0.75% or 0.46 to $61.55 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.00% or 0.53 to hit $53.66 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 1.35% or 17.25 to trade at $1297.05 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.94% to 1.1411, while EUR/GBP rose 0.17% to 0.8666.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.79% at 95.537.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.