At the close in Helsinki, the OMX Helsinki 25 rose 0.49%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Helsinki 25 were Outokumpu Oyj (HE: OUT1V ), which rose 3.91% or 0.2040 points to trade at 5.4220 at the close. Outotec Oyj (HE: OTE1V ) added 1.95% or 0.126 points to end at 6.604 and Fortum Oyj (HE: FORTUM ) was up 1.47% or 0.31 points to 21.33 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tieto Oyj (HE: TIETO ), which lost 0.66% or 0.18 points to trade at 27.02 in late trade. Huhtamaki Oyj (HE: HUH1V ) declined 0.52% or 0.16 points to end at 30.41 and Wartsila Oyj Abp (HE: WRT1V ) shed 0.31% or 0.05 points to 16.14.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 80 to 55 and 21 ended unchanged on the Helsinki Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Brent oil for September delivery was down 0.36% or 0.28 to $77.96 a barrel. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 1.20% or 0.89 to hit $73.25 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.39% or 4.90 to trade at $1258.40 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.33% to 1.1695, while EUR/GBP rose 0.40% to 0.8845.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 94.10.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.