European shares rebound, with Zodiac zooming up
LONDON, June 15 (Reuters) - European shares rose early on Wednesday after a five-day losing streak caused by jitters about next week's British referendum on European Union membership, with Zodiac Aerospace ZODC.PA surging after posting higher sales.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index .FTEU3 rose 0.9 percent, as did the pan-European STOXX 600 .STOXX index.
Zodiac shares rose 8.1 percent after the company reaffirmed financial targets for 2015/16 as it posted a 5.9 percent rise in nine-month revenues. housebuilders such as Taylor Wimpey TW.L and Berkeley BKGH.L underperformed after Berkeley said there was a 20 percent drop in reservations of new homes at the start of the year, due partly to concerns over Britain's EU vote.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or