LONDON, April 16 (Reuters) - Financial spreadbetters expected Britain's FTSE 100 .FTSE to open 1 point lower to 2 points higher, or mostly flat, Germany's DAX .GDAXI to open 2 to 9 points lower, or down 0.1 percent, and France's CAC 40 .FCHI to open 2 to 4 points lower, or down 0.1 percent.
MAJOR EUROPEAN COMPANIES REPORTING: Diageo PLC
Q3 2014 Interim Management Statement Release SABMiller PLC
Q4 2015 Trading Update WH Smith PLC
Half Year 2015 Earnings Release Persimmon PLC
Interim Management Statement Release Sodexo SA
Half Year 2014/2015 Earnings Release Elisa Oyj
Q1 2015 Earnings Release Unilever PLC
Q1 2015 Unilever PLC Trading Statement Release Debenhams PLC
Interim 2014/2015 Earnings Release Accor SA
Q1 2015 Corporate Sales Release
MAJOR U.S. COMPANIES REPORTING RESF/US : Q1 2015 Alliance Data Systems Corp (NYSE: ADS )
ADS.N Q1 2015 American Express Co (NYSE: AXP )
AXP.N Q1 2015 BlackRock Inc (NYSE: BLK )
BLK.N Q1 2015 Citigroup Inc (NYSE: C )
C.N Q1 2015 Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE: GS )
GS.N Q1 2015 W W Grainger Inc (NYSE: GWW )
GWW.N Q1 2015 KeyCorp (NYSE: KEY )
KEY.N Q1 2015 Mattel Inc
MAT.O Q1 2015 People's United Financial Inc
PM.N Q1 2015 PPG Industries Inc (NYSE: PPG )
PPG.N Q1 2015 Sherwin-Williams Co (NYSE: SHW )
SHW.N Q1 2015 Schlumberger NV (NYSE: SLB )
SLB.N Q1 2015 UnitedHealth Group Inc (NYSE: UNH )
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ MARKET SNAPSHOT AT 0556 GMT:
LAST PCT CHG NET CHG S&P 500
20.35 MSCI ASIA EX-JP
1.0678 -0.06 % -0.0006 USD/JPY
0.18 % 0.2200 10-YR US TSY YLD US10YT=RR
0.01 10-YR BUND YLD
0.00 SPOT GOLD
$0.70 US CRUDE
> GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia stocks follow global surge, dollar defensive MKTS/GLOB
> US STOCKS-Wall St ends higher as jitters about earnings and oil recede .N
> Nikkei down as drugmakers, food firms retreat hopes .T
> TREASURIES-Bonds steady after weak data, ECB purchases boost demand US/N
> FOREX-Aussie jumps on jobs data surprise; dollar nurses losses FRX/
> PRECIOUS-Gold extends gains on softer dollar, sluggish U.S. data GOL/
> METALS-London copper prices firm as weak US data drags on dollar MET/L
> Brent crude hits 2015 highs as U.S. production slows O/R
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.